Pre-acquisitions Assessments, Vendors’ Packs, Multi-site Investment Portfolios, Environmental Risk Assessments, Consultancy.
Project Work, Refurbishments, Route Tracing, Asset Management, Problem solving, Crawler units, Investigations
High Pressure Water Jetting, De-silting, Root cutting, Lining, Patch lining, Excavation & renewal, New drainage systems
What our customers say
"We recently instructed WJ Shirley to undertake what we thought would be a fairly generic drainage survey. As always the WJ Shirley team did a fantastic job and provided a clear and concise report shortly after their inspection. In this instance a number of key issues were discovered during their inspection and these were raised with us straight away allowing us to include these points as part of our negotiations with the vendor. Now that we have acquired the property we are implementing the suggested repair and maintenance works to ensure that we are not faced with a more costly bill in the future. Less urgent works are being scheduled for the coming years which will hopefully help to ensure that we aren’t faced with any large unforeseen bills and have happier tenants as a result!"
Marc Cowley,Investment Director, Clipstone Investment Management Ltd
"Rob and his team go beyond the service offered by your usual CCTV operators and provide an interpretive contextual report of their findings. The reason we use them is that they are intelligent professionals who are used to working in occupied tenanted spaces."
Mark Goulding,Director, Resolute Property
"I have known and worked with WJ Shirley for more than 15 years. I consider them to be THE leading drainage consultants in the UK. They are professional and dedicated; their customer care and service is second to none, they always meet deadlines and exceed expectations. It is true to say that Rob has taken the firm and drainage advice to new levels of excellence, their exemplar reports are clear and well drafted and they remain, with Rob at the helm, the leading light in drainage consultancy and remedial work."
Rob Burke,Director Watts Plc
"WJ Shirley are one of the most knowledgeable and well established drainage consultants in the UK. Their professional approach and up to date, clear reporting format provides us with invaluable assistance for Commercial Due-Diligence Surveys and Asset Management Projects."
Richard Estrop,Director, Paragon Building Consultancy
Why choose us?
A different kind of drainage company
We know there is a choice when choosing a drainage company, that’s why at WJ Shirley we have built our business around the specific needs of Building Consultancies, Investors and Fund Managers. With over 55 years experience of specialising in transactional drainage assessments, we understand the complex ways in which drainage liabilities can reduce capital value and interrupt investment cash flows. Our clients value the importance of fast turnaround and reporting timescales and clear, informed and relevant advice.
- Our business is built around the specific needs of Building Consultancies, Investors and Fund Managers.
- Our services are available nationwide at short notice which means we can handle multi-site investment portfolio acquisitions.
- WJ Shirley are the choice of many of the UK’s top Building Consultancies & Investors.
- We have specialised in transactional drainage inspections since 1960 and improved every aspect of it along the way.
- We always work for the benefit of the client and only recommend spending money when there is a clear cost benefit to do so.
- Receive easy to understand reports with recommendations based on commercial relevance.
- You benefit from over 85 years of experience and the personal service and accountability of a family-run business.
- We do not always offer the cheapest quote but do aim to provide the best value for money. Value comes from what we can ultimately save for the client. See example…
A message from the Director
"My aim is for WJ Shirley to be recognised by the UK's top Building Consultancies and Investors as providing the highest quality impartial drainage consultancy and contracting services."
These are our latest projects